Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

dream job dreamin'

(pre P.S.: New record reached for comments on candeo! Haha! Thanks for all who added their two cents to my ridiculously good looking ramblings. Mr. DB, you crack me up.)

Question of the day: What's your dream job? What could you imagine doing, for a very long time, for potentially very little pay?

I really like asking people this question, even if it's slightly unpleasant to return to reality after the day dreaming. Some of the most memorable replies include ski patrol, pastry chef, forest ranger and cosmetics color namer (What a job, who comes up with that stuff? I own lipgloss called "Pagoda".).

Back to the question at hand. Dream jobs. Maybe you've seen Chariots of Fire? Or have heard that very oft-quoted line from the film,

"When I run, I feel God's pleasure."

Is it unrealistic to find a decent-paying job that allows one to say, even if not exactly all the time, but most of the time, that when I do __________, I feel God's pleasure?

When I faciliate discussions on faith,
When I help others know they are loved, develop their gifts, remind them of their future glory in God,
When I write about this--I do feel God's pleasure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about the question this morning whether there exists a dream job or hobby or something that one would NEVER get tired or bored of. I couldn't think of any of my own and wonder whether such fanciful ideas are just fabrication by people on the other side of the fence.

2:13 AM  
Blogger gear-girl said...

i am almost sickened to say that i know people who enjoy - no LOVE- their job here on the west coast - working for these large software companies. this is what they've studied for all their lives. this is their passion. they wake up in the morning and they look forward to going to work in their little offices (at least they aren't cubes!) and even when they are out of the office, programming is their HOBBY - they do it after hours as well on personal projects.

Not everyone is a geek though so for the rest of us, perhaps it's a little harder to find and fulfill.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home