Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Monday, November 12, 2007

for real now



So I decided to do this 1/2 marathon in late August.

I think we were stuck in traffic and I was probably stuffing my face with shrimp chips when I finally OD'ed and said, enough is enough. This body needs to get back in shape. For real now.

You know how sometimes you commit to something (going to China, going to grad school, getting married...hehe) without really realizing what you've gotten yourself into? Then the big day inches closer and closer. And then, you frantically ask yourself what in the world you were thinking. And then you really realize that it's really for real now.

Well after my last 'long run' in Central Park (I feel bad to call 10 miles a 'long run' because of all the real marathoners out there, but oh well), with my glutes and hamstrings killing me, knees wobbling and ears icy red...I couldn't help but think, there's NO way I'll be able to run 3.1 miles more. NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY.

I guess we'll see how it all goes next Sunday. I wish it didn't start at 7 AM!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Go Jen!!!! I am so proud of you. Do it for all of us ;)

1:07 PM  
Blogger gear-girl said...

you can do 10 miles!?? that's amazing in my books hahaha. if you can do 10miles, surely another 3.1 miles isn't THAT hard!!! You can do it!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home