Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, March 13, 2008

sad mac

I dropped my iBook.
Twice.
Yes I know it's a dinosaur (G4), but it's still good, so why add to the heaps of technological detritus by buying a new one?

Two days ago it started ticking.
Like A BOMB.

Genius Bar Guy says,

"It's not hopeless."
"$700 to repair."
"$1099 for a new Macbook! And we'll even copy your files over for free!"

I may be reading too much of this Stuff White People Like
which annoys me because so many people are into it, but I do really really hope there are some good recycling options for laptops (does anyone know)?

There's gotta be a good business plan in here somewhere: salvaging valuable stuff from the heaps of technological detritus and using the empty shells for...something beautiful?

4 Comments:

Blogger DBush said...

If I were you, I'd be happy! It's an excuse to buy a new one!!!
*hmmm*


& yes, to answer your question...I do have a photoblog now. It was a secret... ;-)

and now for shameless self promotion...

dbush.blogphotography.com


we miss you...come visit

10:54 PM  
Blogger adllto said...

Sadly i have a contact for a mac ibook graveyard from which the occasional one is resurrected from parts. Also I think Eug has a deceased one.I assume the screen is blown?

I'll be looking for an older mac laptop this May/June

11:52 PM  
Blogger Duncan and Jen said...

Thanks guys! Those new laptops are realllllly good looking. And I'm SOOO into Time Capsule.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do have a deceased one, that I haven't yet done anything with. I need to harvest that sucker for parts. I ended up getting a MBP instead, and I love it.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home