Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Monday, September 08, 2008

singled out

Our church is something like 80% single. That's like 4000 out of the 5000 or so people that regularly attend. As you can imagine, it does not take long before any conversation among any random group of people quickly turns to talk of relationships.

This article by Paige Benton Brown linked below is one of the best I've read on "singleness". But whether we're single or married the core message is profound: There is no plan B with God. And that applies to marital status, career ambitions, having babies or what have you.

A sampling:

"It is not that hell hath no fury like a women scorned, but that life has no tragedy like our God ignored...

"Can God be any less good to me on an average Tuesday morning that he was on that monumental Friday afternoon when he hung on a cross in my place? The answer is a resounding NO. God will not be less than good to me tomorrow either because God cannot be less good to me...

I long to be married. My younger sister got married two months ago. She now has an adoring husband, a whirlpool bathtub and all new Corningware. Is God being any less good to me than he is to her? The answer is a resounding NO! It is a cosmic impossibility for God to shortchange any of his children..."


An oldie but a goodie. Check it out: Single Out by God for Good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home