Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Saturday, January 03, 2009

bits of news news

I don't know where to begin so it's just all gonna come out in bits and pieces:

1. It's official: My mother-in-law confirmed that her side of the family has a non-Chinese ancestor. Hungarian, to be exact. Something about one of her great great great to the nth 'great' grandfathers going to defend China from invading armies and bringing back a foreign wife. Or something. I am so excited about this. I knew it all along.

2. We are going to Mwanza, Tanzania in August 09. It's right on the shores of Lake Victoria. Crazy, I know. I've been reading some Isak Dinesen to 'prepare' myself to live in East Africa. Everyone should come on safari! Two hours to the Serengeti!



3. We had a fun time on vacation with very good, very old friends and family. One highlight was a Christmas choir service hosted by Steven Curtis Chapman +fireworks! But we probably don't need to go back to Disney for another 10-15 years.

4. Children are germ factories and made us both sick for over a week now. It totally sucks.

Alright. I will try to write in full paragraphs next time. Happy New Year to all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahaha...children are germ factories. Oh Jen, I'm chortling to myself at an internet cafe near the Burmese border. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home