Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Miranda and my mom

So I started tutoring a 5th grade student on Friday. We went to Starbucks at Barnes and Nobles by Lincoln Center. Her mother had phoned me a few times earlier in the week to arrange all the details.

The mother's name sounded REALLY familiar, though I totally dismissed it (I mean there are like 10 computer screens worth of people who share my name in the U of T system alone).

But I was wrong to dismiss. My gaping mouth and bugged out eyes broadcasted my shock to the world when this mother, better known to all my best girlfriends and me as Miranda, came towards my table in Starbucks to retrieve her daughter.



I was starstruck and stupefied, though still alert enough to know that everyone in the cafe was also gaping.

My mother, who basically lives for celebrity gossip shows, responded nonchalantly with, "Sarah Jessica Parker had her baby in DH's hospital."

6 Comments:

Blogger se7en9 said...

haha you are tutoring the daughter of some woman on s&tc? only in nyc... maybe you can meet the rest of the cast!

6:03 PM  
Blogger gear-girl said...

wow! how did you get in contact with her?? That's almost like me saying i found out that i was tutoring billg's son

6:43 PM  
Blogger divine.conspiracy said...

yeah, but did DH deliver the baby? I didn't think so...

Cool. I hope you played it cool, and didn't go all gah-gah. You have a Canadian heritage to maintain. Composure. Collected-ness. A certain laissez-faire.

OMG DID YOU GET HER AUTOGRAPH?! :P

10:34 PM  
Blogger tiffany said...

HAH! your mom's response is the best. i love how she's so obsessed with celeb culture.

"put it this way, star jones and i are NOT friends!" hee!

5:31 PM  
Blogger DBush said...

i swear.......if I hear about this one more time...................



;P

7:00 PM  
Blogger ttaeun said...

so very cool! hope you're enjoying the work!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home