Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

design genius

J and I went to the Cooper-Hewitt Museum this Saturday.

The current exhibit, Design Life Now was fascinatingly cool--we saw a collapsable kayak, sampled a virtual reality type video game that aims to ease the pain of burn victims by immersing them in an iceberg and penguin-filled world, an organ transporter, improved prescription drug containers, (no more of those silly cylinders that make it so hard to read the label), the evolution of i-pods, cutting edge fashion...and so much more. It's a fabulous duet of art and science with so much potential for good! Go see it if you can!

On a sombre note, I just got news that an old friend of ours from the China days died yesterday. It wasn't unexpected, he had been sick for a long time. But I am really sad I didn't get to say a real goodbye.

I know Dr. H is partying up there for real now, no longer in pain, and for that, I am glad.

But, maybe it's trivial, but I regret...something...I guess I regret that the last time I saw this friend, I had some unforgiveness issues towards him. Stuff that doesn't matter an iota anymore, but I'm reminded of that verse that says basically, as far as it is up to you, be at peace with everyone. Good reminder.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that exhibit is hot! onto the radical lace one next!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home