Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

421

Photo from National Geographic

My colleague's words quoted below really humbled me.

Yes, when I last lived there I got easily annoyed at the whiny, spoiled "421" little emperors and empresses (4 grandparents + 2 parents + 1 child).
It's too easy to love and hate and get annoyed at people in the abstract, and forget that each one of those children is beloved and made in the Image.

"I cannot look anymore ---- at the pictures of death from China...you and I debate the future prospects for China and the U.S. and how the single child policy will lead to an eventual clash or the rise of the arrogant class but in seeing some of these pictures and stories, some parents don't have their child anymore.

Moreover, did these children know the Good News? Isn't that what we should care about? that 1.3 billion don't know JC? A big deal but this earthquake may awaken people."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home