Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2nd year

Today is our second wedding anniversary.

We kinda have this obsessive tendency to 'take stock' on special occasions--and wedding anniversaries are no exception. For the record, he's way more into it than me. It's probably because as a child, his father always asked each family member to set new year's resolutions and would have everyone report back a year later.

My husband is now very into the--'So how has marriage CHANGED us this year?' 'What did we LEARN about marriage and each other?' 'What kind of GOALS should we set this year?' types of questions. That is just the kind of guy he is.

How has marriage changed us?

I'm worried he's turning me into more of an introvert than I ever wanted to be, (or maybe driving my extraversion to the extreme!) since his default preference is always to spend time with 'just us'.

As for how I've changed him, HA! I think he has finally been convinced that there is such thing as seasonally appropriate dressing (once he EVEN pointed out that a guy's tie was all wrong for the fall) and has mastered the art of an outraged response when I come storming home, upset that a favorite product of mine has been discontinued (why, I ask you, why??!!!).

All that aside--it has been another blessed year of life together. And I'm very thankful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Turbo and Pinky said...

congratulations!! :) we miss you...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home