Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

goodbye summer goodbye

Today I pulled out the cold-weather accessories and acknowledged that summer is gone.

To commemorate the unoffical end to summer 2008, I share the recipe for the "Leninade" (as it's known at Pravda NYC and known elsewhere as The Southside). Do not mistake me for a cool kinda gal who regularly orders chic cocktails and knows how to be cool in a bar. But this one was refreshingly fun and will be fondly remembered as a highlight to an otherwise difficult summer.

A special note about the Leninade from our "best bartender in Manhattan" friend DP: "In the summer of 2002, this was the only classic cocktail that I had mastered, and it single handedly paid my rent for a year. In Manhattan. It's that good." His recipe below.

Glassware: Martini

2 oz Citrus Vodka
2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
Pinch of fresh mint
Dash of Grenadine for color
Splash of 7-Up

Once done shaking, add the 7-Up. Strain, using a Julip strainer, into martini glass. It should look like lemonade with fresh mint lightly floating atop the surface. No need for garnish.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

With all due respect to summer, you get to pull out your scarves, hats, boots, danskos, leggings, sweater dresses...the list goes on. Fashion galore!

For me this means sweatshirts and sweatpants because my only sweater dress is maternity. haha.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are HI-larious my dear. I was cracking up here in the countryside, reading about Leninade. Yum...maybe I'll have to make one when I get into Chiang Mai :)

2:44 AM  
Blogger The Schawels said...

what an UES snob!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home