Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

contentment

I should say it out loud, right now, that we are so blessed. And I am really thankful.

Little things and big things, I should always acknowledge! Instead of jumping from worry to worry, one uncertainty to the next uncertainty! Why do I do this? (There's no meat! No water! We wish we were back in Egypt!)

Last night a long-coveted bookshelf came for me, and it was like Christmas morning, I was so happy! (I totally discriminated against all the monstrous medical textbooks and claimed the entire thing for all MY books, hehe). We had such a fun time rearranging furniture and laughing at our own silliness!

This past Sunday was gorgeously pre-autumn, and I spent much of the day in Central Park reading the paper, smiling knowingly at couples taking wedding photos, lunching by the Boathouse and catching up with friends before heading to Redeemer for church.

Being jobless, and somewhat, seemingly, directionless can easily cause me stress. I feel like I need to prove myself all the time, and be perpetually on the go, doing, achieving, changing. Contentment, in whatever circumstances, what a thought--to be a content person...that would really be something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home