Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

View of Oyster Bay

I went to the Met today. I didn't have much time, but that's ok because it's close by and I disciplined myself to only see the Tiffany collection. It was so lovely it was almost painful to look at.

Random thoughts on ultra-urban life:

Tipping- I wish there was some widely circulated guide or some reliable system out there to know who/when to tip and how much. (Is there one?) This has perplexed me for awhile. Who decides these things anyway? Why aren't people paid enough so that tipping is largely factored out? Maybe the Japanese are one up on us here.

Elevators - We all feel the awkwardness...people staring up, staring blankly ahead, staring at the ground to avoid eye-contact or conversation. And in a building filled with doctors, it's become magnified...REALLY intense people with weight-of-the-world attitude intensely avoiding eye contact or conversation. The one pleasant elevator co-rider so far was a man with a very deep Southern accent. And a Latino delivery guy.

Dog Mania - Everyone has a dog! They're everywhere! Is this because people are starved for companionship and cuddly-ness in the big lonely city and prefer non-talking dogs to talking/annoying humans?

More cleaning and furniture shopping and home decor on the menu.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me! I love Tiffany glass stuff! Can't wait to visit!

12:00 PM  
Blogger soygreentlatte said...

Latino delivery guy? How intriguing :)

I also can't wait to visit - never been to the Met!! Thanks for sharing.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home