Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

blog on

When I first started posting in July, I wasn't sure how long I would keep this up. I was at home, we were separated, it was a tough time.

I sometimes don't admit it, but I really like to write. In fact, rarely a day goes by where I do not write (and I don't mean e-mail or barebones business writing). Of course, people who like to write, like to have an audience. And maybe blogging is a teensy bit to writing, what many actors say live theater is to acting--more satisfying than film or TV because there lies the promise (and risk) of instantaneous feedback from a tangible audience.

Yes, I too, love instanteous (preferably kind) feedback, lively dialogue, great conversations, face to face, over email, on the phone, and of course, through blogging. And now that I'm where I'm supposed to be, I think that I will blog on, because I just really like writing.

Simple pleasures of late: those imitation roller-blading machines in gyms now, random creme brule at Bloomingdale's, picking out fab ties for the hubby, making new friends and reviving old acquaintances!! Oh the joy of a coffee date with someone other than my spouse! He just read that and is pouting. I just prefer to interact with more than one person in a day, don't get huffy!

4 Comments:

Blogger gear-girl said...

YAY! keep up the blogging, it's nice to now know what goes on in your life! too bad you didn't take this up sooner :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger divine.conspiracy said...

I often wonder... is blogging like writing an email to no one in particular? Or is it like writing in a diary? A diary with an audience? Does knowing who (some) of your audience is change what you write?

questions, question...

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diaries are what girls keep and write all their girly secrets in, so that the girly stuff stays girly and then no one knows about the girly stuff. haha. I prefer to use the word JOURNAL - haha. It's more 'manly', more 'oomf'. lol. No one I know truly, 100% completely blogs without a little bit of personal censorship. So I guess knowing your audience would impact the way someone presents themselves through blogs....okies...enough thought for the day...my head hurts.

4:48 PM  
Blogger soygreentlatte said...

YAY too! I am *so* glad that you have decided to keep up with your blog b/c I was afraid that you wouldn't want to/be able to once you were reunited with your hubby in NY.

However, as you can tell, I clearly struggle with keeping my own blog up-to-date. I think it's b/c it is like an e:mail to no one in particular (thanks for pointing that out divine_conspiracy!) My ENFJ mind can't comprehend composing a msg without a particular audience in mind so it usually takes me a while to think of something to write about!

Anyway, glad that you're going to keep this going!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home