Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Friday, February 16, 2007

we wish to inform you

that the position you applied for has been filled.

I keep getting these in the mail, over e-mail, and on extremely rare occasions, over the phone by some decent employer who will call to thank me for applying anyway.

But hey, I'm oddly ok with all this rejection.

Maybe it's cause I wasn't that excited about any of these positions in the first place. Maybe it's a defense mechanism I've developed to keep from feeling really sad. Blah!! Psycho babble! Must resist the temptation to armchair psychologize!

Maybe, I'm actually, at least tentatively, trusting God to open and close the exact doors he wants. And so far, he's keeping them all shut. Alrighty then.

I've decided I'll just keep applying to stuff that seems promising, keep talking to interesting people, and write write write. Maybe I can write a column, be Carrie, minus all the messed up relationships.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could always go back to smic! haha.

r

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home