Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

this was a great distraction

Simple Pleasures Top Ten

1. Whenever “Bizarre Love Triangle” or “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” or other classic 80s music comes on the radio, at a wedding, or even, back in those very silly days…at a club…

2. The excited discussion that follows when you meet someone from your home town or home country who can sing along to all your favorite childhood show theme songs native to that home country…haha...

3. Hmmm…on a similar note, finding someone ELSE who knows ALL the words, even the talking parts, to ALL the songs in The Little Mermaid (“Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat?”), Beauty and The Beast or The Lion King

4. Hearing some blessed person on the radio announce that school is CANCELLED because of SNOW!

5. Finding money, even if it’s just five dollars, unexpectedly in your pocket! (especially if you are in need of some bad-for-you convenience store junk like Cheetos--but only the crunchy kind not that air puffy garbage)

6. The VERY first time in a new year that you can SMELL spring OR even better, the VERY first day in spring when you can go without some bulky coat and all the winter accessories!

7. Heeee. The hubby's left eye crinkle. I always want to walk on his left side so I can see it.

8. Buying chocolate and magazines or other stuff I don't regulary buy at the airport, because, NOW, I really need it

9. Cutting off the best, sweetest part of a watermelon slice and leaving the rest for someone else to eat. hehe.

10. WOW. I feel pressure to make this one really good, and I'm choking...I can't do it...can't...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm a girl, a girl who's got everything?"

Yes, it's wonderful to find friends like these--those who will take a Friday evening to sing along (LOUDLY!) to "It's a jolly holiday with Mary" and other fabulous songs from Mary Poppins !

Lots of love from Oxford :)

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what I'd put for #10, the best for last, hee hee.... :) but I won't say.

Remember how we used to keep a list of reasons why we like our boys, reminder that LDR is worth it? I still kept the list and continue to add to it so that one day when we face difficulties, I can look back on that list. Also started another list of things I'm thankful for. It's quite long now and is uplifting to read when I am depressed about something.

Keep going with your list.:)

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what I'd put for #10, the best for last, hee hee.... :) but I won't say.

Remember how we used to keep a list of reasons why we like our boys, reminder that LDR is worth it? I still kept the list and continue to add to it so that one day when we face difficulties, I can look back on that list. Also started another list of things I'm thankful for. It's quite long now and is uplifting to read when I am depressed about something.

Keep going with your list.:)

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that Blogspot is blocked in China? I had to use anonymouse.org to view your website and it took 5 minutes to post the previous comment.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home