Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

what do i wanna be when i grow up?

I still don't really know. Suggestions?

The job hunt is in full effect now since our nest is at least 70% furnished to my liking. Now I'm actually itching to work!

I'm considering everything from part-time sales at Crate and Barrel (since I go there like everyday) to teaching in Harlem or a fancy private school to free-lance writing. It might be fun to be a personal shopper if I could stomach all that materialism. I've always been so jealous of the clear career direction of my husband. He's known pretty much since he was 10 years old. Me? I'm still dreaming of a million different things, lack of commitment? Lack of skills? Lack of vision?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here! My man has been on the chem route since high school! 4 years of intenseive HS chemistry prep courses, then 4 years of undergrad, then another 5 years for his doctorate, and now chemistry all the way until he retires from Roche or decide to teach chemistry in university later. As for me... I've switched between almost every field. Science. Arts. Education. Technology.

7:48 PM  
Blogger soygreentlatte said...

My vote is for personal shopper but then materialism has always been a thorn I struggle with!

Does anyone know what they want to be when they grow up? Even though their paths are clear, I'm sure that the question crosses the mind of many doctors, lawyers & accountants out there.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home