Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Even the angels


Many thanks to those who sent 'get better' wishes and insights into the job search. RM in Oxford said maybe it's not so much what I wanna BE when I grow up, but what I wanna DO, since I happen to BE someone already. Great reminder.

Tim Keller has been doing a "Trouble with Christianity" series. Why is there suffering? How can there only be one way? Typical big grievances people have with the faith.

On Sunday, the passage studied ended with this, "Even angels long to look into these things." "These things" being the gospel, the good news, the amazing story of the gift of God come down to man.

Let's think about this for a second. Angels, who have been around since THE beginning, who see God all the time, LOVE to look into this story. I'm prone to dismiss angels as detached agents of God, unimpressed with humans. But they LOVE the story of the gospel! Suddenly I think I like them more.

Are WE tired of the story? I was thinking how I NEVER get tired of watching some movies or reading certain books. So much that it can drive people who spend any amount of time with me batty. "Anne of Green Gables or Return of the King or The Chronicles of Narnia, AGAIN?!!!!!"

I really like that idea that all the really GOOD stories out there, happen to be good because they're a shadow or echo of the one TRUE story.

1 Comments:

Blogger ttaeun said...

Anne of Green Gables - again and again and AGAIN!!!! :)

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home