Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Thursday, October 19, 2006

lonely housewife

How do spouses of doctors and other insanely busy types deal?

My doctor is on a brutal rotation, leaving us maybe 1-1.5 hours a day to be awake and in the same place together. And in those 1-1.5 precious hours, he's mostly just trying to peel off the demoralizing events of the day.

Even with two friends visiting, and lots to do right now, I feel like my "heart is walking outside of me" all day long. (I stole that line from EH in reference to what it's like having children, but it works for me.)

But then again, this IS still infinitely better than being in different countries!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did you become this sap and where is my sister?

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i prefer the term "master of the house". has a better ring to it! luv you and miss you!! - sooj

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can pretend to be sick and go to the hospital so the hubby can treat you and spend quality time with you, curtains drawn of course. :)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home