Name:
Location: NYC, United States

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Madama Butterfly



No Chinese tourists to aggravate me at The Met last night...though I still shudder at the memory of having many a concert in Shanghai's Grand Theater ruined by loud conversations, cell phones ringing and other flagrant theater-going offenses.

Such a depressing story...it's almost unbearably grievous; the recklessness of the American #&$^&*% and the delusional girl he helps to destroy. The whole production was charming visually, and appropriately intense. It was especially cool to go with an aspiring opera singer--she gave me the real deal on the singers.

2 Comments:

Blogger gear-girl said...

I'm jealous!! I want to go see an opera... even though i did so poorly on those RCM theory exams... :P

6:45 PM  
Blogger Duncan and Jen said...

ich grolle nicht!! (didn't we cram for that history 3 exam together?)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home